! Dual battery setup I am planning on !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True. I feel they are getting outdated.

Extactly, an order has been requested.

I well use a switch for ignition, I have just finished a small mod for my SG2 and I am working on a new place for extra switchs :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

trevcda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the solenoid setup was actually a factory option. trigger to activate it was ignition being on.

I have a second battery tray that doesn't look like it ever been used in my 99. Since it was a factory option, is that trigger wire already in the harness and if so, where is the factor location and which wire would I be looking for? Anybody got a link for the factory solenoid set up?

It's sounds like the perfect camping setup. Run down the main battery and still be able to start in the morning.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
A picture of the parts layout is below. Have to double check but I believe the solenoid was triggered from a igntion on circuit form within the under hood block and not from a nearby harness but many ways to make it work. Like to add that it was not really setup as possible jump start ability. The wiring was to small for that I think. Nothing that can't be made to work tho.

http://genmotorinfo.com/Picture.aspx?Make=Chevrolet&Model=Tahoe&Year=1998&SubModel=4WD&SectionID=02&SectionDesc=STARTER,%20GENERATOR,%20IGNITION,%20ELECTRICAL,%20LAMPS&PicDesc=AUXILIARY+BATTERY+%26+WIRING+(TP2%2c8Y8)+-+CK+&pid=980921TC02-015

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A picture of the parts layout is below. Have to double check but I believe the solenoid was triggered from a igntion on circuit form within the under hood block and not from a nearby harness but many ways to make it work. Like to add that it was not really setup as possible jump start ability. The wiring was to small for that I think. Nothing that can't be made to work tho.

http://genmotorinfo.com/Picture.asp...Y+&+WIRING+(TP2,8Y8)+-+CK+&pid=980921TC02-015

Good, I could not fi2bd this part and I don't know how to do the stock dual battery setup but what I need to know more about this and how to get the best out of the best setup

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the isolator with a manual jump start option is best.

Another understanding an an idea thanks to you as always :thumbup:

Setup:

1- connection:
After checking "View A" from the manual you send before I really don't have to do the long cables for aux battery all what I need is to get the power from the fuse box just as it is showing.

2- igntion
Turning ON and OFF I am thinking to connect it to a switch and the switch is getting the needed 12v power from the wiper fuse (so if I forgotten to turn the switch off it well turn off by ut self - I did it to my LED offroad lights)

3- materials
- 200amp solenoid
- cables and connector

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Another question, do you think if the efan load was on the aux battery it well reduce the over all load on the alternator?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
efans will load what ever it is drawing power from. so if hooked up to the aux battery and the alternator is charging the batteries, the alternator will still be loaded down from anything until the alt output is maxed and it volt power is that or lower of the battery at which point the batts supplement it but you are losing overall energy at that point and not storing new energy.

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
efans will load what ever it is drawing power from. so if hooked up to the aux battery and the alternator is charging the batteries, the alternator will still be loaded down from anything until the alt output is maxed and it volt power is that or lower of the battery at which point the batts supplement it but you are losing overall energy at that point and not storing new energy.

Aha, hmmm so keeping it as it is I think

Hopefully this weekend I well start the work almost all parts are in :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe

Latest posts