Dry start issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Not looking for a diagnosis. Looking for probable ideas of where to look or what to investigate. Or knowledge of any commonalities that may not be well known unless you've been around these rigs slot. You'll understand when I say this is difficult for me to poke and listen as I can only really look at it once every few days once it's sat. And even at that I'm a one man show. The act of turning the key means I can't be under the hood listening to stuff.

I know the starter idea was suggested but I'm not sure it's that. I've heard bad starters before and this doesn't sound or behave like any bad stater I've heard

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Listening via the Internet not that great for noise diagnosis, but all I heard was fuel injectors and a whine.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
That one is easy to diagnose, $5 oil filter and a couple minutes of your time will tell you if it's filter related.
Sanity check: This the right part? I'm due for an oil change in 2 weeks. Will just add this in

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-1268...2&keywords=2005+tahoe+oil+filter+bypass+valve

Replacement appears pretty simple. Looks like the threaded bit the oil filter attaches to sandwiches that in. Remove that, remove the valve, install is reverse of removal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts