Dropped XL Update, Broken Links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LADenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the title says, after driving around on my 4/6 drop one of the JDM end links for the rear sway bar broke. I've removed the sway bar and am driving around without it. Rear end feels funny.

Anyways, I've decided to buy the Hellwig Sway Bar kit (P/N 7853) to see if this fits better. Also considering going to the 5305 springs in the rear and stock springs in the front to raise the ride a bit. The low drop combined with thin tire sidewall is making the ride very rough.

IMG_1096.JPG

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen one break... crazy!

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither have I... That's pretty crazy

Sent from my V10 using Tapacrap

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
question please show me a pic of how it was installed. thanks. Ive only seen this when it was not installed right.

OP
OP
LADenali

LADenali

Supporting Member
Reaction score
question please show me a pic of how it was installed. thanks. Ive only seen this when it was not installed right.
Hi Tony, unfortunately I don't have a picture handy. I saw the install while at the shop, and the sway bar was centered with the links straight.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no its not that. Can you take a pic of the rear driver side bracket on axle. Sounds like they didnt do install right.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no its not that. Can you take a pic of the rear driver side bracket on axle. Sounds like they didnt do install right.

Like they didn't move the sway bar over, so it was putting sideways pressure on the link... That makes sense if that were the reason it broke...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DB1337

Latest posts