DRL/Turn Signal Mod with a twist... Sequential Signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the DRL mod using the tutorial here about a year ago that ties both bulbs together to function as DRL/Parking/Signal lights, and I was generally pretty happy with it. I liked the added volume that the lights had when working together. After seeing Kbuskill's sequential mod, I was inspired to do the same with my lights, while retaining the functions of the previous mods.

I'm not very good with electronics, but I got it figured out using some Amazon sequencer modules. The thing I don't like about these modules is that they fire 1,2,3. I would rather they fired 1, 1+2, 1+2+3 so the at some point all bulbs are lit.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I did the DRL mod using the tutorial here about a year ago that ties both bulbs together to function as DRL/Parking/Signal lights, and I was generally pretty happy with it. I liked the added volume that the lights had when working together. After seeing Kbuskill's sequential mod, I was inspired to do the same with my lights, while retaining the functions of the previous mods.

I'm not very good with electronics, but I got it figured out using some Amazon sequencer modules. The thing I don't like about these modules is that they fire 1,2,3. I would rather they fired 1, 1+2, 1+2+3 so the at some point all bulbs are lit.

I mentioned in the other thread that I will probably be switching out my modules for a better set that I already have. The ones I have are the same style I used for my sequential Esky 3rd brake light and they stay lit until the sequence is complete, as described.

OP
OP
qcon

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mentioned in the other thread that I will probably be switching out my modules for a better set that I already have. The ones I have are the same style I used for my sequential Esky 3rd brake light and they stay lit until the sequence is complete, as described.

What is the new module you're going to use? I can't seem to find one that works the way I want.

kbuskill

Reaction score
What is the new module you're going to use? I can't seem to find one that works the way I want.

I have a spare set of the older 10 channel version of these....

https://corsomotion.com/collections...ntial-controller-module-10-channel-ver-1-each

I had the 10 channel version on my Esky 3rd and burnt up the 10th channel so I upgraded to the 12 channel which has a higher amperage rating (.75A vs .5A)... still burnt the 10th channel on one side... need to open the Esky 3rd back up and figure out what is causing the extra amperage draw.

They keep each channel lit until the sequence resets.

OP
OP
qcon

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a spare set of the older 10 channel version of these....

https://corsomotion.com/collections...ntial-controller-module-10-channel-ver-1-each

I had the 10 channel version on my Esky 3rd and burnt up the 10th channel so I upgraded to the 12 channel which has a higher amperage rating (.75A vs .5A)... still burnt the 10th channel on one side... need to open the Esky 3rd back up and figure out what is causing the extra amperage draw.

They keep each channel lit until the sequence resets.

That's exactly how I'd like it to function. It looks like I would just need two of the modules and 2 cases? Since I'd only be using 3 bulbs, I would just wire in channels 1,2,3? They don't have any install or descriptions on the page. Thanks for the lead!

kbuskill

Reaction score
That's exactly how I'd like it to function. It looks like I would just need two of the modules and 2 cases? Since I'd only be using 3 bulbs, I would just wire in channels 1,2,3? They don't have any install or descriptions on the page. Thanks for the lead!

Yes.. 2 modules and 2 cases.

Just a heads up... the new modules are quite a bit smaller than the old ones and when I got the new versions they didn't have a case that was the correct size.

The new modules will fit inside the old cases but the cases are really to big for them.
rps20190128_174619_934.jpg
rps20190128_174651_973.jpg

As far as wiring them... you could use channel 1, 2, and 3 but the flashes will be very fast and the sequential effect (or rice effect if you prefer... lol) won't be as noticeable.

I will probably use channels 1, 5, and 9 to slow down the sequence a little.

OP
OP
qcon

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes.. 2 modules and 2 cases.

Just a heads up... the new modules are quite a bit smaller than the old ones and when I got the new versions they didn't have a case that was the correct size.

The new modules will fit inside the old cases but the cases are really to big for them.
View attachment 215116
View attachment 215117

As far as wiring them... you could use channel 1, 2, and 3 but the flashes will be very fast and the sequential effect (or rice effect if you prefer... lol) won't be as noticeable.

I will probably use channels 1, 5, and 9 to slow down the sequence a little.

What a big size difference. What are the dimensions of the case? Thanks again for the info.

kbuskill

Reaction score
What a big size difference. What are the dimensions of the case? Thanks again for the info.

I don't have them in front of me but they are roughly 3"x4"x1.5" thick.