Driving me nuts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh gosh, no. If my controls were working backward I would be happy, at least they worked:) LOL. It just seems odd that after the passenger side seat heater stopped working that I lose all controls on the driver's side and all but the lumbar on the passenger...hmmm...

It must've been another thread that came up around that time. I'm still leaning towards a power circuit problem.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay new wrinkle!!! I'll be upfront with you guys - my mother is fighting cancer, I am her caretaker for the most part between work and school. My wife works different shifts so she tries...but my time is limited and looks like it will be this way for a solid year. I asked her to try her power seat and she said it was not working - IT WAS WORKING, THE RECLINE BUTTON WAS JUST BROKEN OFF! So, her seat does move fine, but her seat heater stopped working.

So it looks like either the seat heater is causing an issue - any ideas - or all power is just dead to my seat - any solid suggestions on where to start? It is grounded, the dealership actually grounded it to a floor bolt and bypassed the connector in the past. By the way, the drivers side seat heater is not working either, that quit a while back.

OP
OP
S1nemesis1s

S1nemesis1s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is some news:

I tried two things -

1. I disconnected the negative cable, I did the "big 3" or whatever its called and didn't have time since I was on break at work to disconnect both terminals.

2. Went behind the driver's seat and I saw on a grayish plug with an orange wire and a black wire, I could see copper on both wires, pushed them in hard, I think they might have went in - a very small amount if any.

3. Hooked the negative terminal up, and my power seat is working again on the driver's side!

I broke the switch for the recline option when I got in the truck with a bad knee injury a few months ago, so I am unsure about the recline part, but the lumbar is working again as well. I ordered a new switch from Amazon, so I should be back in business. Just gonna tell the wife to keep her mitts off the seat heaters in case it kicked a breaker that I reset by disconnecting the battery.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phillip Bradbury