Drivers side clunk!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I have an issue, just recently I started getting a clunk somewhere on the drivers side front. I took it to the shop and realized the inner tie rods were bad. And also noticed the cv joint was getting bad. Had the tie rods changed, pitman arm, and cv joint. Well the clunk is still there. I know the cv is at a bad angle bet it's been this low for a year. And help??? It clunks when I brake hard, turn and over bumps. I'm at a loss.

OP
OP
boozer

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I found my problem, the torsion bar crossmember bushing/insulators are bad. The drivers side is completely shot and the crossmember is slanted so everytime there is on off pressure it twist the torsion bar and with the bushing shit it allows it to move just enough to clunk.
C718347A-1EDD-4757-80D7-B5AF25AF8C8F_zpsfp9ibudb.jpg
95BFC613-C6B0-4C66-9611-19CFE2EBC329_zpswauzongx.jpg

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine clunks on the drivers side when I fall into a big dip or I come off a speed bump hard. It's so annoying.

OP
OP
boozer

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine clunks on the drivers side when I fall into a big dip or I come off a speed bump hard. It's so annoying.

Look into the same thing. I took mine to a shop and 3 of us looked it up and down and this guy pointed it out. Really looks like all it can be. Everything else suspension wise is new. Looks like the parts are around $25 and there insulators. Gm part # 15001006

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo