Drivers Heated Seat Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyZs76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased my hoe...my drivers heated seats turns on for no reason. I turn it off then it turns on again. Only the back is heating up. I've tried researching this issue, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on whats causing the issue. Most of the stuff I found was from several years ago. SO hoping somebody has some more relevant info. Thank you

Yates_III

Reaction score
My 03 Tahoe is doing the exact opposite. Turn them on and they go right back to off. My search also came up empty. I'm interested what your diagnostic turns out to be.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think it would be a faulty switch or relay, but I'm no expert in this area. Maybe get some junkyard parts and see which it is.

OP
OP
C

ChevyZs76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive seen a few things but from years ago. The switch a lot of people said didn't fix it. Saw wherein was a short from one of the elements being bad. My back element works but the seat does not.

Weird that it hasn't happened in a while.

My 03 Tahoe is doing the exact opposite. Turn them on and they go right back to off. My search also came up empty. I'm interested what your diagnostic turns out to be.
I would almost think yours sounds like a bad switch.

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my experience with my 04 denali was when I would turn on the seat heater it would turn on for like 15-30 seconds and then shut off. I replaced the bottom seat pad and the same thing happened. Replaced the seat back pad and it worked fine. Though mine never came on all by itself.

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same problem.
Not only switching on and off like in the video, but also switching on and cycling through all steps, before starting the sequence over again.
Spent hours and hours on research. Took out the door control panel, opened it and cleaned it. Still same fault.
Ordered new seat heating pads from Dorman. PROBLEM SOLVED!

OP
OP
C

ChevyZs76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you...I need to have my seat leather fixed. Going to have them replace the heating elements at the same time.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's not to late to catch these coat tails, my 03 Denali has this issue. Most irritating during the summer. Seems like it is only the back that turns on not the bottom. When I turn it on though it works fine for me. Thought about replacing the switch but was never sure if that was a fix. Might look into the seat replacement and heating element in the future.

Time to start looking online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557

Latest posts