Drivers door not always triggering stereo off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttremain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2006 Tahoe

My drivers door (just this door, and not the others) recently stopped triggering the radio to turn off.

So hopefully this is a mechanical switch problem in the door, and not the computer.

Can anyone guide me to where the switch is, and the correct part I should replace and/or test?

Thank you in advance!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The switch is part of the latch. You'll have to get that whole piece

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
getting the same issue from time to time. anyone have a part #?

Papablunt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been having a similar issue, but I think I've narrowed mine down to the ignition. The other night when my radio wouldn't turn off, I smacked the steering column and the radio turned off instantly. Every time I've had this issue, I can cycle the key to the on position then take it back out, and the radio/security light/door chime all turn off as normal when the door opens.

OP
OP
T

ttremain

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been having a similar issue, but I think I've narrowed mine down to the ignition. The other night when my radio wouldn't turn off, I smacked the steering column and the radio turned off instantly. Every time I've had this issue, I can cycle the key to the on position then take it back out, and the radio/security light/door chime all turn off as normal when the door opens.

I would think, in your case, the other three doors also are not triggering the radio off. In my case, they are, and it's only the drivers door that is not.

I have not yet replaced the latch, but hope to soon.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

getting the same issue from time to time. anyone have a part #?

It looks like the part is #15110643

Papablunt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I don't think I'm having the exact issue as the OP, but just in case it helps anyone in the future... I've figured out my issue. When turning the truck off, the key can sometimes be removed while the tumbler/ignition is still in ACC mode. This has been keeping my stereo on, as well as making the door chime go off. I can put the key in, and just barely start to move it before the tumbler clicks over to where it needs to be - OFF. A new ignition should fix my issue. Hopefully this info helps someone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telderjr05