Driver side power window switch not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orlewis3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK, so I get in my truck last week lowered the driver side window. When pushing switch to raise window, nothing happens. Decided to purchase new OEM switch assembly which has controls for all 4 windows, power mirror, door lock and window lock. Connected new switch and was able raise and lower driver window but nothing else works with new switch. Reinstalled old switch and everything works but driver side window. Not sure what the heck is going on. Does something need programming to make new switch work?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so I get in my truck last week lowered the driver side window. When pushing switch to raise window, nothing happens. Decided to purchase new OEM switch assembly which has controls for all 4 windows, power mirror, door lock and window lock. Connected new switch and was able raise and lower driver window but nothing else works with new switch. Reinstalled old switch and everything works but driver side window. Not sure what the heck is going on. Does something need programming to make new switch work?
Yes the new one needs to be programmed to the VIN with a tech 2. You should be able to disassemble the original and clean the switch contacts with alcohol, both the rubber part and the printed circuit board part. Here’s a YT on it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those switch modules are like tiny computers and need to be programmed to your vehicle so it knows what options you have. Cleaning the switch contacts fixes the issue 95% of the time. You should be able to return the new switch.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried the cleaning method on my old master switch module. No luck.
That sucks. The new module needs to be programmed. I’m not sure how much a dealer charges, it should be their minimum labor which is probably an hour so around $100. You can call a service department and find out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011