Driver seat movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtown27

Reaction score
Ive got a 2008 Yukon and a driver seat with some annoying issues. The seat itself works normal, power is good, all the adjusters work. My issue is a popping noise and slight jerk or shift. It feels like under acceleration from a stop or slowing down under deceleration, the left side of the seat jerks/pops whereas the right side of the seat is firm and has no noticeable tendencies. I don’t think the track is an issue since it operates normal and there’s no play in the lower half of the seat. I think it’s in the backing of the seat or in a hinge somewhere. Anyone have any issues with theirs or a resolution without having to rip the seat apart?

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know the 01-06 the seats have rubber around the track that degrade and you have to replace them with plastic shims i just did mine but i felt the seat shift every time i hit the gas or brake

TXsean2026

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 Tahoe LT does this exact thing, it almost feels like the seat is loose or the holes are oblonged... and it is only the Drivers seat, passenger and rear captains all good!

OP
OP
M

mtown27

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s related to that repair with the plastic parts. I think this is internal in the seat itself. Seat tracks normal and doesn’t slide unnecessarily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700