Driver seat is not working dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when I bought my 03 a couple of days ago I knew the driver seat was not working. I thought maybe it was a loose wire or fuse. I looked at the 30 amp fuse under the dash. It seems fine since the passenger side stopped working when I pulled it and started working again when I put the fuse back in.

I pulled the bottom cushion off as well. All of the wires look to be in good order. I'm not sure which direction to go next. Should I buy a new or refurbished control module? New 8 way controls to see if that's the issue? The seat is in the full back position which is fine for me being 6'5" but my wife being 5'5" not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If none of the controls on the seat work I'd look again at the wiring. Check for 12v DC at the seats harness and go from there

OP
OP
Red_Raider

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after checking all of the connectors and hitting them with some dielectric spray, I still don't have an operating seat. The heat does not come on either side as well. I know there was a service bulletin sent out about the control module. I guess I'll purchase one to see if that works. Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Red_Raider

Red_Raider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a replacement last week, and went to go install it over the weekend. I swapped them out, but it still doesn't work. Do I need to go to the dealer to have either one reprogrammed or could it be the seat motor?

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is stuck all the way back too. How were you able to remove the seat base with the motor not working to access the 4 nuts? Pick up a control module from the junkyard cheap and try it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA