Driver Info Display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

318hoe

Reaction score
Hey all, long time since I've posted on here. I'm not quite sure if this is the right category to post this in, but I figured it fit just as well as it would elsewhere. I have a 2005 Tahoe Z71 with around 240K miles on it. Ole Tikera (that's the car's name lol) is still pushing along. Anyways. I had to have my transmission rebuilt a few weeks ago and I noticed two days ago that it now says on the "Engine Hours" interface that it now reads as 3.9 hours... which is far from correct lol. Do any of y'all have any idea as to why the transmission shop would have reset that screen? Or would they not have done that? I'm not sure, but it was confusing to me. Anywho any ideas you guys or gals would have would be appreciated :)

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a user changeable setting, so anyone messing with your Driver Information Center could have made the change.

OP
OP
318hoe

318hoe

Reaction score
This is a user changeable setting, so anyone messing with your Driver Information Center could have made the change.
How could a user have reset the engine hours? I've messed around with the display before and holding the enter button doesn't reset it like it did...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the battery was not disconnected or connected right, it could cause the reset. Happened to ours when my daughter ran the battery down.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does on both our 2005s -- 1 a Tahoe, the other a Suburban. I assumed the same ran from 00 to 06...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv

Latest posts