Driver Door locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My driver door lock would not work, I replaced door lock actuator and when I use key FOB or door switch it will lock but 2 seconds later it unlocks. Any suggestions.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because the lock mechanism functions - But incorrectly, I'd guess you may have an issue with your body control module (BCM).

OP
OP
B

Bill R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks,
I fixed the issue , It was mistake on my part. I had the door open while trying to see if worked. and of course it will not lock with key fob in truck and driver door open.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible this is happening (from my 04 owner's manual)?

Delayed Locking
When locking the doors with the power lock switch or the keyless entry transmitter and a door or the liftgate (if equipped) is open, the delayed locking feature will delay locking the doors until five seconds after the last door is closed. You will hear three chimes to signal that the delayed locking feature is in use. Pressing the power lock switch or the lock button on the keyless entry transmitter twice will override the delayed locking feature and immediately lock all the doors.
You can turn the delayed locking feature off or back on again by doing the following:
1. Press and hold the power door lock switch in the lock position.
2. Press unlock twice on the remote keyless entry transmitter.

This feature will not operate if the key is in the ignition. You can also program this feature using the DIC.
See “Delayed Locking” under DIC Operation and
Displays on page 3-56.

Jrschultz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me here with this one. 04 Yukon. I unlock the door. Open it, and it locks so my door wont shut. I have to get a screwdriver and pry the latch open to be able to close my door. Some kind of module go on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts