Driver assist reduced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mayne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm getting a driver assist reduced message park assist and service stabilitrak took it to the dealer and they said gmc warranty it because it was over the 3 year mark. I bought it as a demo with 6200 miles on it. I don't know the in service date on it. I have 32000 Miles on it and I don't know where start to fix this

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your in-service date is the day you purchased and signed the paperwork. The warranty would start from that date.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your in-service date is the day you purchased and signed the paperwork. The warranty would start from that date.
Not if they bought it used, then it starts from when it was originally purchased. Unless They bought an extended warranty.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dbbd1,A demo is not a sold unit. It is usually driven by a manager at the Dealer and is considered a new vehicle until sold at which time the warranty starts.

yukonchief

Reaction score
If you only have 32k miles you still have another 4K to go. 3 year 36k should be bumper to bumper.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you only have 32k miles you still have another 4K to go. 3 year 36k should be bumper to bumper.
Warranty starts on the in service date, which is either the date it was sold to the first retail purchaser or the date it was put into demo service.

yukonchief

Reaction score
Warranty starts on the in service date, which is either the date it was sold to the first retail purchaser or the date it was put into demo service.
So then it’s possible he has even more to go then the original 4K I said earlier correct?

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So then it’s possible he has even more to go then the original 4K I said earlier correct?
Not likely. I should clarify that if put into demo service, the mileage also counts from that date. The mileage is usually a set amount, with some manufacturers making it the set amount plus the number on the clock when first placed in service.

Also, by demo service, I do not mean a car on the lot that has been test driven or dealer swapped.