Driveline noise wtf?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
called the local driveline shop he said the aluminum gets stressed and will make that noise, not completely sold on that but sounds like the most reasonable explanation.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another video, lot of wind noise but at 1:28-2:10 you can hear it and again at 4:00

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
Kinda sounds like a ujoint... but a bad one usually sounds like that crunching / moving by hand, not when installed. I’d probably drop my driveshaft to feel all the joints.

wildcatgoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it for sure coming from specifically the driveshaft? You sure it's not just acting as a speaker, resonating something in front of or after it?

The explanation from the driveshaft shop is a thing but I've never heard of that happening on anything but a drag race car and it was because the shaft was piecing apart inside due to being abused relentlessly by a 800 HP car on slicks.

I'd lean more towards U-joints to start and I wouldn't be afraid to pull that driveshaft and check the pinion, maybe even open up the differential to get a look and see if any metal has chipped off.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
WTF indeed. I’m curious to see how this thread ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearfacemoon2212