Drive Mode / Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All. Just ordered an RST with Sport package which includes the Magnetic Ride Control. Does anyone know if changing drive mode to Sports affects the Magnetic Shocks? Is it noticeable? Wondering if maybe I should change the order to a Z71 for more control on Ride quality. Just prefer the look of the RST.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All. Just ordered an RST with Sport package which includes the Magnetic Ride Control. Does anyone know if changing drive mode to Sports affects the Magnetic Shocks? Is it noticeable? Wondering if maybe I should change the order to a Z71 for more control on Ride quality. Just prefer the look of the RST.
A Z71 is tuned to run off-road, the RST will have a nicer on-road feel.

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had mag ride on my 18 escalade, yes it does stiffen it if you choose sport mode. bouncier ride.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With MRC on both an RST and Z71 i really think the only difference in ride is from the tires. I havent seen anything to make me think the actual suspension is different if comparably equipped (MRC on both or MRC + air on both). On the standard suspension the actual shocks might be different and in that case there would be a noticeable difference.

Owners manual on my At4 says sport mode tightens the steering and adjusts the transmission but no mention of changing the MRC. If it does, i cant notice it.

8 Sport Mode : Use this mode where road
conditions or personal preference demand a
more controlled response. When in Sport
Mode the vehicle automatically down shifts.
In this mode, the vehicle also monitors
driving behaviors and automatically enables
Performance Shift Features when spirited
driving is detected. These features maintain
lower transmission gears to increase
available engine braking and improve
acceleration response. The vehicle resumes
normal operation after a short period when
no spirited driving is detected. The steering
changes to provide precise control.

Forum statistics

Threads