Dr side mirror peeling?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Whistler

Living the dream! I'm just not sure who's dream
Reaction score
Top of the mirror, looks like film is peeling but I cannot find any edge. It's almost like it's peeling underneath the outpost glass. Open to any ideas . . . .

Attachments

• 20210829_145239_kindlephoto-423214871.jpg
    20210829_145239_kindlephoto-423214871.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Randy Whistler

Randy Whistler

Reaction score
OK,parts finally arrived. I got replacement mirrors for both sides, replacement mirror switch for the drivers door, and a new console cover. Based on experience, does anyone have any warnings that they've run across when doing similar?

We all know at least one time, in the past(or maybe present? :rolleyes:) that you've said to yourself, "Well, that certainly didn't work the way I thought it would." :eek::banghead:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OK,parts finally arrived. I got replacement mirrors for both sides, replacement mirror switch for the drivers door, and a new console cover. Based on experience, does anyone have any warnings that they've run across when doing similar?

We all know at least one time, in the past(or maybe present? :rolleyes:) that you've said to yourself, "Well, that certainly didn't work the way I thought it would." :eek::banghead:
I recommend taking the entire door panel off to remove the trim that holds the mirror and window switches in. There's 2 screws holding it onto the door panel, and you can't get to one of them without breaking the nub the screw goes into--if you don't take the door panel off. Quite a few of us have been there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Randy Whistler

Randy Whistler

Reaction score
I looked at the mounting inside the mirror housing, and the replacement mirror. I see the small latch tabs that hold things in, but was wondering - do they just pull straight out and release, or should I use a small long screwdriver to reach in and release a couple. I really don't care about the bad glass that's in there(other than having to sweep it up), but don't want to damage the inside assembly.

Thanks for the info on the mirror switch, too, Tony. Little gotcha's like that can really make you say a lot of bad words :eek:!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I looked at the mounting inside the mirror housing, and the replacement mirror. I see the small latch tabs that hold things in, but was wondering - do they just pull straight out and release, or should I use a small long screwdriver to reach in and release a couple. I really don't care about the bad glass that's in there(other than having to sweep it up), but don't want to damage the inside assembly.

Thanks for the info on the mirror switch, too, Tony. Little gotcha's like that can really make you say a lot of bad words :eek:!
Wouldn't hurt to use a screwdriver to loosen some of those "fingers", then pull it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345