Downside Of Suspension Lifts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiamiDave

Reaction score
What are the downsides of a suspension lift as far as ride quality and off road use go? Does it actually reduce suspension travel? Do many of you off road with suspension lifts?

My goal is more ground clearance, proper fitment of 32.5-33.2 inch tires (275-285) w/o rubbing even at extension and full lock, with minimal impact to ride on the street.

I'd like to go 2 inch front & 1 inch rear (I don't mind the slight rake downward), but have been told I might need a 2.5 front to achieve my tire goals (?)

I'd rather not raise the front any further than necessary. Thank you-

SabrToothSqrl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Down Sides

Ride Quality, resale, insurance, loan issues, parts wear, warranty issues.

I've lifted 4 jeeps so far... only regret the one... I built it so 'good' for off road it was only 'okay' ON road...

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ride Quality, resale, insurance, loan issues, parts wear, warranty issues.

I've lifted 4 jeeps so far... only regret the one... I built it so 'good' for off road it was only 'okay' ON road...

:shakehead: what? i cannot even comment after something like that

bmxdannyo

Reaction score
ive got a leveling kit like you are saying, you can fit 275's with no rubbing to my knowlege, i am running 285's with some minor (plastic) cutting to the factory side step.

My ride is exactly the same, no more stiffness than from the day i bought it. Just a little more ground clearance

OP
OP
M

MiamiDave

Reaction score
Thank you. Not sure about the insurance part?

BMX, what size lifts are you running front/rear?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO for the mild lift you are planning, the only downside is increased fuel usage. Ride was a little stiffer (may be perceived), but I think the Z71 should have come like this.

I do take mine off-road and flex the suspension quite a bit. For level kits, the suspension travel upwards is reduced, but I am not expecting to go rockcrawling.

Last edited:

White07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the CCM 2.5F 1R leveling kit, you will not be disappointed! That is what the majority of us have and it is great. I'm running a 305/55/20 with minor trimming and I LOVE it!

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so from the looks of it...the CCM kit is only a spacer that goes on top shock mount? my Truxxx kit had spacer on top and the bottom so I dont really see how any suspension travel would be reduced...

OP
OP
M

MiamiDave

Reaction score
I'm really not sure how the suspension lifts reduce travel, or if the Truxx kit splitting the difference is the best choice? At full flex are the half shafts at risk, at some point?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts