Double din not powering on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sourdeez

Reaction score
I just bought an 05 tahoe and it had a old pioneer deck in it. I took my pioneer double din out of my car, and re-wired the harness and its not powering on.

I triple checked all of my wiring, all colors are correct.

Yellow (constant power) is connected to yellow
Red is connected to 12v red?

Cant figure out why this won't power on, I know it works I just tested it

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to test, hook the red acc wire up to the yellow wire, if it powers on then you don't have acc power. Yours is a 05, so without a module or wiring into the fuse panel, you will not have a accessory wire behind the radio.

OP
OP
S

Sourdeez

Reaction score
Just to test, hook the red acc wire up to the yellow wire, if it powers on then you don't have acc power. Yours is a 05, so without a module or wiring into the fuse panel, you will not have a accessory wire behind the radio.

Hmm Ill give that a try. Just curious why didn't the 05 have an accessory wire? The red wire I hooked it up to is a red wire thats coming from inside the dash from the left, definitely looks after market so I'm not sure what they did there..Also thats the red wire that was hooked up to the old single din pioneer deck I took out that worked yesterday.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm Ill give that a try. Just curious why didn't 05 have an accessory wire? The red wire I hooked it up to is a red wire thats coming from inside the dash from the left, definitely looks after market so I'm not sure what they did there..Also thats the red wire that was hooked up to the old single din pioneer deck I took out that worked yesterday.

Well then it should work being the old one worked... 03+ run on a data signal. You can also take a volt meter and check for power at the wires. Also check the fuse on the back of the radio. Also check the fuse panel on the truck.

Atreuce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my radio was installed they had to run a new red wire since the one in the harness was no good.. but I'm not entirely sure where it's run at/to. I'd assume fuse box on the left side.