Doors are locking immediately after unlocking them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon Denali that the battery ran down low the other day while I was wrapping it and it didnt have enough juice to roll down the window. Put it on a charger for a couple hours and got all the windows up and closed it up for the night. Next day unlocked it and the drivers door functions normally but the other 3 doors instantly re-lock as soon as you hit unlock. You pull the lock tab up manually to unlock and they spring back down and lock. The doors will not open at all from inside or outside. I have disconnected the battery thinking then I could manually unlock and open them but nope the tab still springs down with the battery disconnected. Ive unplugged the BCM, unplugged the keyless module, unplugged both driver and passenger switches and nothing has worked. Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be forcing the 3 doors to remain locked. I pulled all the doors apart to wrap 1 at a time and checked everything when I re-assembled them and all 4 worked properly until that next morning.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's some drunk/stoned On Star people sitting in one room, messing with you on a weekend.

Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I honestly have no idea what is going on but have patience and hopefully someone will chime in to help. Remember though, today is 9/11 day and members may be slow to respond.

OP
OP
R

Raver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha yeah I even called a dealership and they were like what now lol. Luckily I have 2 other vehicles so I can be patient with it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon Denali that the battery ran down low the other day while I was wrapping it and it didnt have enough juice to roll down the window. Put it on a charger for a couple hours and got all the windows up and closed it up for the night. Next day unlocked it and the drivers door functions normally but the other 3 doors instantly re-lock as soon as you hit unlock. You pull the lock tab up manually to unlock and they spring back down and lock. The doors will not open at all from inside or outside. I have disconnected the battery thinking then I could manually unlock and open them but nope the tab still springs down with the battery disconnected. Ive unplugged the BCM, unplugged the keyless module, unplugged both driver and passenger switches and nothing has worked. Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be forcing the 3 doors to remain locked. I pulled all the doors apart to wrap 1 at a time and checked everything when I re-assembled them and all 4 worked properly until that next morning.
Did you change the settings in your DIC menu? The RCDLR or BCM may have gone on the fritz and needs replacing.

OP
OP
R

Raver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I restored the DIC to factory settings. At this point my next attempt is to try a new BCM. As far as the RCDLR goes the TPMS are showing tire pressures and the key fob is still functioning properly as far as as the buttons go they all work, so would that rule that out?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

That issue is a new one to me. Geeezzz... You are already receiving replies, and other more knowledgeable folks than me will chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2