Door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoloGreen

Reaction score
How hard is it to replace front and back door speakers in a 02 Yukon? Is the front door 6.5 components and the back just 6.5?

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There not hard at all to change. Yes the fronts are knda like components but there's no network crossovers,and yes the rears are just 6.5's.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
I actually had to modify the plastic housing the speaker sits in.. the bolts were not lining up or something (honestly forget the problem) but all it took was a dremel, some glue, and about 30 minutes of thinking. I had to cut the ring from the base and reverse mount it. I know that all sounds really confusing but it was like 3 years ago.. just trying to pull from memory what was wrong and how I fixed it.

Actually did a beautiful install.. looked professional ;) Fit like a glove. I don't know if others had this issue, or if it was just the speakers I was using. (Boston Acoustics Coaxles)

oreowizard98

Reaction score
Why do some rear doors have grills molded into the door panel and others have actual mesh grills? Is it the difference in LS and LT trim?

Copper&Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are never going to put an Amp in then the lower end alpine or infinity reference components will be enough to handle the stock power. Kappa perfects are 100 watts rms so the 45 or so your head unit is putting out might not be enough to justify the cost. If you are going to add an amp then I say Kappa Perfect Components like Anthony says....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB12