Door Mirror Confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zachm89

Reaction score
Alright so my passenger side door mirror got busted and I'm going to replace both sides. What I'm finding challenging is the correct mirror assembly. To my knowledge, my 03 Yukon SLT has manual fold, power adjust, puddle lights and the LED turn signal indicators in the glass. But that's the tricky part, I cannot find a single company that sells a mirror assembly with that setup. All of them are power fold with the turn signals and puddles OR manual fold without turn signal and/or puddles. My only guess is maybe they were power fold at one time and they just don't work anymore? Is there any way to figure out which freakin mirrors I need to get to be plug and play with the factory ones without taking them off to check the connectors and then reinstall them until the new units arrive?

Thanks in advance.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can manually fold the power fold mirrors, I do it all the time on my '04. One reason is that when power folded they never seem to reset back to the right position when unfolded.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright so my passenger side door mirror got busted and I'm going to replace both sides. What I'm finding challenging is the correct mirror assembly. To my knowledge, my 03 Yukon SLT has manual fold, power adjust, puddle lights and the LED turn signal indicators in the glass. But that's the tricky part, I cannot find a single company that sells a mirror assembly with that setup. All of them are power fold with the turn signals and puddles OR manual fold without turn signal and/or puddles. My only guess is maybe they were power fold at one time and they just don't work anymore? Is there any way to figure out which freakin mirrors I need to get to be plug and play with the factory ones without taking them off to check the connectors and then reinstall them until the new units arrive?
Thanks in advance.

Weird stuff going on up there, anyway, here's how to check and see if you have the power fold option...

1628035356162.jpeg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Look at your RPO codes on the inside lid of the glovebox, and tell us what your DL* code is.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
DL3 are the powerfold mirrors. This is what your power mirror switch will look like if you have powerfold mirrors. The left/right switch needs to be in the middle before the switch will light up.20180608_170206.jpg20180608_170221.jpg

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
RPO code is DL3, but my mirror switch doesn’t have the little center light up indicator in the middle of the adjustment button. 9287E7F2-5449-4F30-8DBC-E93EBCC1331F.jpeg

OP
OP
Zachm89

Zachm89

Reaction score
VIN matches the RPO sticker so I guess someone swapped in the incorrect switch assembly at some point, not all that surprising. Ill be ordering the correct one AND a set of mirrors then.

Thanks for the help fellas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98