Door locks won't seat correctly causing door to not lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trc54

Reaction score
As the title states I'm having a door lock issue on my 11 SSV. The issue is the lock tabs will not correctly recede into the door unless you put pressure on the corner of the door panel. I just replaced the mirror on the passenger door and now the issue is present there when it was just on the drivers door previously. Are the door panel tabs one time use or is there an issue with the door lock actuator?

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Door panel tabs are indeed reusable. I've had both front door panels off on both of my trucks multiple times. They are, however, a bit of a PITA to get back on. Are you sure you're seating the panel correctly on the ridge on the top of the door before you start snapping the fasteners in? There are lots of youtube videos you can watch for directions.

As a short-term fix, just remove the lock tabs/buttons off the shafts so you can at least lock the doors remotely.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would pull the panel back off and put it back on again you might have it aligned wrong, after you have it off start by putting the top part on first in the groove then snap it all in, when you put the plastic door lock tab back on be sure the door is unlocked first then put the tab on as far as you can before pushing the little square lock in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnimalMother