Dome light issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for some reason my dome lights don’t come on when i open the drivers side door.

All other doors including the tailgate when opened turns the dome lights on. When i turn the truck off and pull the key out, the lights turn on.

I tried the override button and that’s not the problem. I even looked to see if there was a door jam switch, but couldn’t find one.

Any other suggestions?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
for some reason my dome lights don’t come on when i open the drivers side door.

All other doors including the tailgate when opened turns the dome lights on. When i turn the truck off and pull the key out, the lights turn on.

I tried the override button and that’s not the problem. I even looked to see if there was a door jam switch, but couldn’t find one.

Any other suggestions?

The switch is part of the latch mechanism on these trucks not a separate switch like they used to be.

Could be a bad switch or if it is a PPV it could be programmed that way... like a "stealth mode".

To test the door switch...

Start the truck and put it in drive or reverse and then open the drivers door and see if it says drivers door open on the DIC on the dash.

OR

Roll down the drivers window and close the door and lock it with the remote. Now reach through the window and unlock the door manually and open it and see if the alarm goes off.

Also if it is a PPV and has they "stealth mode" programming then the horn won't honk and lights won't flash when you hit the lock button twice on the remote... to the best of my knowledge.

OP
OP
Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dome lights worked when i open the drivers door for about a month or so. this issue has just stated. Started the truck up, put it in reverse opened the door and it say door is open on the dash.

It does have stealth mode.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The dome lights worked when i open the drivers door for about a month or so. this issue has just stated. Started the truck up, put it in reverse opened the door and it say door is open on the dash.

It does have stealth mode.

Weird.... seems the door latch switch is working... perhaps others will chime in with more suggestions.

Baddawg

Reaction score
The switch is part of the latch mechanism on these trucks not a separate switch like they used to be.

Could be a bad switch or if it is a PPV it could be programmed that way... like a "stealth mode".

To test the door switch...

Start the truck and put it in drive or reverse and then open the drivers door and see if it says drivers door open on the DIC on the dash.

OR

Roll down the drivers window and close the door and lock it with the remote. Now reach through the window and unlock the door manually and open it and see if the alarm goes off.

Also if it is a PPV and has they "stealth mode" programming then the horn won't honk and lights won't flash when you hit the lock button twice on the remote... to the best of my knowledge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod