Dogs, Puppies, post em up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr-Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:) when my boys get a little older we will get a puppy or two. I love dogs. The bigger the better. Not as big of a fan of the little yipper yappers :lol:

we got our mastiff puppy when one daughter was a year and our other was about a month from being born...she's great with the girls...she was protective of them when she was only a couple months old as a puppy and such a great dog around all our friend's kids too

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't wait for mine to get full size...left and she was 55 lbs and she's only 4 months old. funny thing is she already latched on once. I was doing pushups in the living room and she came up and put her mouth on my neck...didn't clamp but she never did that again...my friends said it was a puppy thing...their dog did something similar. she's like my damn shadow :)

Mine used to do that to our arms, almost like lets go somewhere. They call it mouthing.....its not really an aggressive thing, but just a good thing to nip in the butt early.

Mr-Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine used to do that to our arms, almost like lets go somewhere. They call it mouthing.....its not really an aggressive thing, but just a good thing to nip in the butt early.

yeah...she did it to hands and wrists early on...we don't let her do it. didn't make a big deal about it, but she knows not to do it to us. I really want her to rule the property (so to speak). When I travel, I like to know that the big girl is holding down the fort. She's a little too young for that still, but she'll get some training when I get home!

Jack

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, she will. Our guy knows our neighbor really well. Chuck feeds him treats all the time and those two are best friends. Well, we were going to be out of town on a day trip and thought that Chuck could let him out. We gave him a key and Chuck came over (mind you Chuck is 86 years old) and Dozer knew something was up. He pinned Chuck on the couch (never bit him, but growled and barked) if Chuck tried to get up. Guess Chuck watched some TV for like 3 hours. Mail man came buy and Dozer ran in the front bedroom to the window to bark, and it gave Chuck enough time to get out.........lol......I bet had it been anyone else, Dozer would have ate them. I felt terrible.......Cooked Chuck up a couple of steaks for his inconvenience. There really is a switch that goes off from puppy to adult. Dozer's was like overnight. All the sudden he didn't like the mail man, He started barking at neighborhood cats in the yard, stuff like that. I think it was around about his 3rd birthday.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bone!!

mu7eqaje.jpg

Mr-Jack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don't worry, she will. Our guy knows our neighbor really well. Chuck feeds him treats all the time and those two are best friends. Well, we were going to be out of town on a day trip and thought that Chuck could let him out. We gave him a key and Chuck came over (mind you Chuck is 86 years old) and Dozer knew something was up. He pinned Chuck on the couch (never bit him, but growled and barked) if Chuck tried to get up. Guess Chuck watched some TV for like 3 hours. Mail man came buy and Dozer ran in the front bedroom to the window to bark, and it gave Chuck enough time to get out.........lol......I bet had it been anyone else, Dozer would have ate them. I felt terrible.......Cooked Chuck up a couple of steaks for his inconvenience. There really is a switch that goes off from puppy to adult. Dozer's was like overnight. All the sudden he didn't like the mail man, He started barking at neighborhood cats in the yard, stuff like that. I think it was around about his 3rd birthday.

That's funny...not that he pinned down the old man, but that they have that protection instinct like that...then again...that's why we got our mastiff. hopefully after being deployed, she remembers her papa!

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

beautiful dog linehaul

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

beautiful dog linehaul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo