Does the Corsa cat-back on the Tahoe 5.3 fit the Tahoe RST 6.2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nishan Bk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2018 RST Tahoe with a stock cat-back, searching to upgrade my exhaust, and I found a local dealer who only has the 5.3 Tahoe Corsa cat-back (which I like). So I was wondering if I save the additional 600$+ shipping cost on ordering the 6.2 Corsa exhaust and buying the 5.3 one, which both look identical to me!

Would it fit? What is the difference between them?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post up links to the two different Corsa exhaust systems you’re looking at and referring to?

I’m assuming they’re two different Corsa Catback system part #’s.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2018 RST Tahoe with a stock cat-back, searching to upgrade my exhaust, and I found a local dealer who only has the 5.3 Tahoe Corsa cat-back (which I like). So I was wondering if I save the additional 600$+ shipping cost on ordering the 6.2 Corsa exhaust and buying the 5.3 one, which both look identical to me!

I reckon that it will physically bolt up and if they are like the previous generation, the 5.3 will have a 2.75" or 3" piping and the 6.2 would have 3.5" pipes but have seen plenty of aftermarket exhausts that are only 3" for the 6.2s.

If yours were mine, I would not reduce the performance of my vehicle for aesthetics.

OP
OP
Nishan Bk

Nishan Bk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply,

Is the 6.2 pipes 3.5 inches all the way down? And Yes, I agree with your last statement and will do the same :)

OP
OP
Nishan Bk

Nishan Bk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can you post up links to the two different Corsa exhaust systems you’re looking at and referring to?

I’m assuming they’re two different Corsa Catback system part #’s.
5.3 corsa.jpg6.2 corsa.jpg

It seems as mentioned on their website; both are 3.0 inches!

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also @Nishan Bk your 6.2L RST has 3.5" size OEM exhaust piping. Why certain aftermarket exhaust companies offer a smaller diameter pipe than stock for a "performance" exhaust system I'll never know. Sure it's mandrel bent and stainless steel, so of higher quality and construction than OEM and will last longer, but the "performance" gain is minimal.

Ironically, Corsa offers aftermarket exhaust systems for the Silverado/Sierra trucks and with the 6.2L their systems are in fact 3.5" piping and 3.0" for the 5.3L models. This is for the truck platform only. IMO they kind of half assed the product offering for the 6.2L SUV platform by making all systems 3.0" piping regardless if the truck has a 5.3L or 6.2L.

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of Corsa products, have run them on a few of my vehicles. For great sound and guaranteed no drone you can't go wrong with their systems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu