Does anyone using Wilwood 16" brakes with OEM 20" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to know if OEM 20" wheels will clear Willwood 16" front brakes. So did anyone try them and will they clear. I know on willwood website it says 20" wheels will clear but not all wheels are tha same. Thanks

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure we need 2 threads asking the same question..

I dont have an answer to your question, but I think it would come down to the dish of the wheel. If they are deep dished, then I could see a problem. But if they are flat faced, which most are, then you should be in the clear.

But as you say, not all rims are built the same. Some may have a deeper lip on the rim face, so that even thou they are flat faced, the lip brings it in deeper.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked in two different threads because i maybe using 07-14 20" tahoe wheels. And im using those wheels just for winter and im planing installing blizzaks tires

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Wilwood are a great product and priced better. They don't have the o ring at the base of the piston to keep debris out like Brembo does. In fine print that there's a rebuild schedule. Most don't follow it because their vehicles aren't tracked.

Where I'm going with this is that GM is now fitting 6 piston Brembo brakes on 2021+ PPV/SSV and have 16" rotors front and back. It may be worth it to order a caliper and rotor from Rock Auto to test fitment on your truck.

I just went another route and got this option for our 09 Esky. It was sourced piece by piece and $1442.74 total to the door. It's essentially a clone of the 5JL Brembo BBK upgrade GM made for 15-20 full size GM trucks/SUV.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found these 20" from 07-14 Tahoe cheep. Like i said i need these wheels just for winter. Ill be installing Bridgestone Blizzaks on these 20" 00N0N_cRnEdazfzIBz_0lM0t2_600x450.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore