Does anyone know what this thing under the seat is?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the previous owner's colostomy bag. You're supposed to empty those at rv dump stations.

LOL, nice one hotrod.

Seriously though. I'm pretty sure these never came with heated seats but I could be wrong (I don't know about Denali/Escalade models though) My guess would be that it is either just some sort of protective pouch for a delicate piece of electronic or something to do with the lumbar support.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gulleyman

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...or something to do with the lumbar support.

That's probably what it is. I think I'm gonna tell my friends it's an emergency life raft like "nikel" said, I may have to go to therapy thanks to "h0tr0d" :bleh:

Gentle74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Chiming in here kinda late but i just got my 99 Yukon and notice both my front seats have the same setup. I have the SLT edition which has heated seats as an option package as well as lumbar air bags built into the seat cushion and back cushion. Check the side buttons on your seats, there should be a flip switch with 3 levels (med, hi off) for the heated seats. to there should be push buttons with two positions for the air bags possibly in the center of the other buttons on the side panel.

OP
OP
gulleyman

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chiming in here kinda late but i just got my 99 Yukon and notice both my front seats have the same setup. I have the SLT edition which has heated seats as an option package as well as lumbar air bags built into the seat cushion and back cushion. Check the side buttons on your seats, there should be a flip switch with 3 levels (med, hi off) for the heated seats. to there should be push buttons with two positions for the air bags possibly in the center of the other buttons on the side panel.
Can you post up a pick of your seat controls for us? I may actually have heated seats, bought the truck in MN...

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
the part for heated seats is white and sits under the leather cover on the other side of the foam from that. my guess is lumbar but its definitely not anything for heated seats.

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
ok i still dont think they would change it that drastically. but i could be wrong who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman