Do You Regret: Short-Body vs Long-Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His plate is all numbers too, so very well could be his patrol car. It has an expiration sticker so I doubt it, but Idk how PA does their police license plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an FOP plate -- Fraternal Order of Police, which is the union for police officers. Thus, the Suburban is most likely a POV rather than a government owned vehicle.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
That's an FOP plate -- Fraternal Order of Police, which is the union for police officers. Thus, the Suburban is most likely a POV rather than a government owned vehicle.
It is my personal vehicle and I’m retired law enforcement. My on uses some of my old strobe lights so he can play police and wants to go into law enforcement like me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it's an FOP plate, and know what they are. I mentioned earlier it was an FOP plate. Some smaller agencies do some weird stuff though, and every state is different. In MO there are agencies that run civilian "not on file" plates on patrol cars, so nothing is out of the realm.

Obviously that's not the case here, as he's made several posts stating what's up.

Robert Frank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you are going for a full size SUV you might as well go BIG. The great thing with the long body you always have room for just about anything. And the ride is much better. I have owned both.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you are planning on using all 3 rows for seating you WILL need the longer platform. There is not much room with the third row up.
If you are planning on folding the third row most of the time, you should be good.
Just something to think about.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you are planning on using all 3 rows for seating you WILL need the longer platform. There is not much room with the third row up.
If you are planning on folding the third row most of the time, you should be good.

Depends on what you're using it for.

We use the 3rd row all the time for dinners out with friends, outings, day trips etc and never lack space to throw a small cooler, change of shoes or whatever in the 'way way back'.

If you're taking 8 people to and from the airport or hockey/cello/1/3 scale model airplane practice then 100% agree.

The trade off if having to look like an Uber/soccer mom. But the space is great.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's all personal preference. If we are in the Tahoe we are using the 3rd row as seats. We go grocery shopping etc with no issues. If we were to go on a trip I'd simply use a roof cargo carrier and hitch carrier. Much cheaper than buying a suburban instead, and can use it when I need it and not have it when I don't.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
#lifegoal #UberthenSoccer #SuburbanBlessed #longwheelbaseHTRS #SPACEINDAHOE

#GarageSIZEMTTRs
I have had GM SUVs since 2004 and a total of 5 SWB suvs but I bought a new house a few years ago and had a 3 1/2 car garage. It’s 26 feet from front to back and 35 feet wide and 10 opening. So I bought my Suburban because I can finally get a bigger SUV. I have to have my vehicles able to fit in my garage or I would not buy anything that wouldn’t fit. I love all the extra room in my Suburban and has 3 TVs and my kids can watch something they each want in the 2nd and 3rd row!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went out to Tim Horton's to grab a coffee and on my way home I saw a big black brand new Suburban Premier (maybe LTZ) pulling out of a side street. So nice! Stop tempting me!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9