Do Want

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ItsAdam1

Master Fabricator
Reaction score
The tahoe is an older police tahoe, I know the frist time it was built my nfamus in dallas, here are the pics http://www.nfamusairsuspension.com/page23.htm They had some problems with the front suspension and changed it from bag on the upper arms, to bags on the lower arms. and the back is not a canti is basicly a two link with a pan hard bar.
Here are all pics that I have of it, but they are mostly the suspension

hoe028.gif
hoe030.gif
hoe031.gif
hoe032.gif
hoe027.gif
hoe025.gif
hoe024.gif
hoe023.gif
hoe014.gif
hoe022.gif

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
He said the rear was canti on a thread over at gmfs, maybe he switched it up?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope... issue of semantics.

traditionally, cantilevered was used to describe any suspension with mechanical advantage... especially a 2 link with panhard and mechanical advantage springs a la 72 Chevy pickup.

later when people started using inboard mounted bags or hydros acting thru a pivot point/fulcrum and pushrod, those also came to be known as cantilevered suspensions.
(first airbag pushrod suspension system? Silverstar Customs of MS, thank you very much!)
attachment.php

TECHNICALLY neither is a cantilever suspension

A cantilevered suspension would consist of (for example) 2" box tube rigidly and horizontally welded to the axle... and then horizontally to the chassis with no other support, shock or spring needed :) by design cantilevers don't MOVE.

if you want to use the term the OG truckin' way then that two link IS cantilevered... ie greater than 1:1 ratio of lift at the axle ... If you are using the term to describe if it is sprung indirectly via a pivot and linkage... no.

Tangential thought:
I always wanted to do a pushrod action suspension using double acting hydraulic cylinders as the outer linkage, and use coilovers inboard...
the benefit being that you could change the ride height without affecting spring rate, amount of shock travel etc.
your vehicle could ride the same 1 inch off the ground or 10 inches in the air, and you wou;dn't have to mess with packaging a coilover in a tiny vintage minitruck a arm.
this is unlike with air springs where you lose spring rate to go lower, but get into stiffer compression setting in the shock, run out of shock travel and thus only have a narrow sweet spot.

downside being hydros, batteries, and the need for a sturdy (large) double acting cylinder so it resists compression and rebound

Last edited:

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
DAMNIT this guy's good lol, thanks for the back-info Eagle.....I could only wish to have your vast knowledge of this shit, I barely scratch the surface...

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tahoe is an older police tahoe, I know the frist time it was built my nfamus in dallas, here are the pics http://www.nfamusairsuspension.com/page23.htm They had some problems with the front suspension and changed it from bag on the upper arms, to bags on the lower arms. and the back is not a canti is basicly a two link with a pan hard bar.

hoe014.gif
/QUOTE]

What kind of wheels are those? I like...

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score

hoe014.gif
/QUOTE]

What kind of wheels are those? I like...

my truck could get over that hill. Like to see his to that. :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts