Do shops generally charge more to front end align a lifted truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got new tires on my 2001 Tahoe and there was uneven wear on the fronts so I want to get an alignment before driving much.

I have 2.5 inch spacers out back and the torsion bars turned up in the front. I've had bad experiences with alignment shops in the past with different vehicles. I'm just wondering what kind of crap they might pull because it's lifted?

I had my mechanic check ball joints, pitman arm, idler arm, tie-rods and control arm bushings to make sure none of it needed replaced. Everything is tight.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes because it takes a little more work to get it right. That's if it's possible to get your alignment in spec with the current setup.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes and no ive had a couple vehicles with modified suspensions. most of the time no it just the standard fee but ive never been lifted or lowered to any extreme. only vehicle i ever had a problem with was a dodge ram with a 3in rc lift. depending on the amount of lift you gave it you can be beyond what the stock hardware will allow. other potential is some alignment shops wont go beyond just attempting to do the alignment with the typical tools. if you had a nut or adjuster that's stuck they will charge you and just give it back telling you they couldn't get it adjusted due to rust blah blah. i have better luck finding smaller shops that do alignments. some of them dont get enough work tp begin with so they will go above and beyond sometimes to make sure you come back. chain garages just want your vehicle in and out and generally dont care about if you come back or not.

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as it will align with normal adjustments and nothing it broken seized, or worn out we would take care of you at my shop for $89. If it's going to be a huge pain, or not get to spec, or whatever we'll just be up front with you. Biggest problem with the shoddy alignment shops I see is they will overlook worn-out components, align it anyway or just avoid the hard work and make only the easy adjustments. Question, does your mechanic not do alignments?

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. I use two mechanics and neither one has an alignment machine.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk