DL8 to DL3 Conversion 2012 Tahoe LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TF Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am attempting to do the DL8 to DL3 conversion that has been discussed frequently on this forum and have a few questions for those of you who are much better informed than I. Truck is a 2012 tahoe LS.

I bought a matched set (driver and passenger) of dl3 optioned switches off ebay. Part # for the drivers switch is 20877336AA.

I also purchased, from A1 auto a set of power folding mirrors - https://www.1aauto.com/search?q=1AMRP01142 I made sure to get a set that excluded the memory as that seemed like it could further complicate things.

Questions as follows -

a) Is all the wiring there?
b) With a matched set of used switches, have people been finding these to be plug and play?
c) I spoke to a dealer regarding programming if necessary, but they seem inconclusive at best regarding whether the programming could be done or not (which runs counter to what I've read). They indicated they wouldn't know until they tried and seemed reluctant to call the techline before installing. Thoughts?
d) Any experiences, good or bad, with the A1 auto mirrors?

Thanks for any help you can provide. i don't want to mess up the truck fooling with this, but seems like many have had success.

TF

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same mirrors from 1aauto and I have no issues with them. They fold perfectly, they tilt in reverse and they work. Everything is plug and play, The turn signal in the mirrors and the puddle lights don't work cause they bcm needs to be replaced.

I had issues with the switches. Went to numerous junkyards and ebay purchases. The escalade switches didn't work for my tahoe. I ended up getting some used yukon switches and they worked

OP
OP
T

TF Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kee - Thanks for the feedback. The switches I bought were not advertised as escalade so hopefully all will work. Thanks again!

TF

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of DL3 switches from a junkyard fancy Tahoe and a pair of the mirrors from 1a Auto... Hoping to install today. I was really hoping for the turn signals to work, so that's kind of a bummer... If I can figure out the wire that requires power for it, I'll wire the turn signal up manually.

OP
OP
T

TF Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a pair of DL3 switches from a junkyard fancy Tahoe and a pair of the mirrors from 1a Auto... Hoping to install today. I was really hoping for the turn signals to work, so that's kind of a bummer... If I can figure out the wire that requires power for it, I'll wire the turn signal up manually.

I'm installing mine tomorrow. Let me know how that works. I've hear varying reports on the turn signals. I'm less concerned about that that getting the folders to work and not losing any other functionality.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea it sucks that we would have to flash the bcm. whiteautoandmedia.com does the flash.

The other option is pulling the power wire for the turn signal and tapping into the wire that goes to the front turn signal L/R respectfully. The wire goes down the door (for the life of me I can't remember the color!) and through the rubber grommet connecting the door to the body where the harness is. I was going to pull the wire at that point and run an extension wire to the headlights where the turn signals are at.

I'm thinking of going with whiteautoandmedia.com because I would also connect the auto dim and heat.

OP
OP
T

TF Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea it sucks that we would have to flash the bcm. whiteautoandmedia.com does the flash.

The other option is pulling the power wire for the turn signal and tapping into the wire that goes to the front turn signal L/R respectfully. The wire goes down the door (for the life of me I can't remember the color!) and through the rubber grommet connecting the door to the body where the harness is. I was going to pull the wire at that point and run an extension wire to the headlights where the turn signals are at.

I'm thinking of going with whiteautoandmedia.com because I would also connect the auto dim and heat.

How involved are the steps required after they program the BCM? They indicate some dealer involvement will be required to install. Can anyone comment on that?

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It also depends on ya model of ya tahoe. I have a ppv so the bcm wasn't flashed for turn signal mirrors. Yours might be programmed for it

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How involved are the steps required after they program the BCM? They indicate some dealer involvement will be required to install. Can anyone comment on that?

Plug ya newly flashed bcm in and you should be good to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew