DIY guide for 2016 Yukon Denali rotors and pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skid51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any known links to help guide a DIY brake job on this vehicle? Any recommended rotors and/or pads vs OEM? Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any known links to help guide a DIY brake job on this vehicle? Any recommended rotors and/or pads vs OEM? Thanks
plenty on youtube, same procedure from 00-20 although wrench/bolt sizes may differ
you will get a ton of different opinions regarding pads/rotors
that being said premium ceramic are long lasting low dust
semi metallic are good for heavy duty use like towing but won't last as long as ceramic
anything less is junk crap that shops throw on for $99 brake jobs

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with these on my 2016 Tahoe and I like them very much, better than OEM in my opinion and the rotors look great thru my custom summer wheels,

1663804938688.png

OP
OP
S

Skid51

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just to close the thread I started, did the 4 corner rotors and pads job + front struts. Quickjack TL7000 was nice to have, just add a piece of 2x6 in each corner and put the two rubber blocks on top. Need to be careful to ensure the Quickjacks are parallel (to keep the blocks from dangerous tilting when you lift) since the vehicle frame rails front and rear are _not_ in line. So the rubber blocks stack towards the inside of the the Quick jack in the front and the outside of the Quickjack in the rear.

This YouTube piece was probably the best for the brakes guidance..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic