DIY: 2015 Yukon Denali XL - LED Reverse Light Bulb Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jisnis

Reaction score
I'm mechanically challenged and couldn't find any pictures for the install. Super easy but this might help others who would like a visual before trying the install.

You'll need a small star bit and a small screw driver (optional - to fix the circle gasket)

I was able to stick my finger in the corner and pry the plastic piece off. There are three tabs holding the plastic piece together. Be gentle but pull firmly.

IMG_9707_zpskiw2x4p1.jpg

Here is a shot with the plastic piece off. You'll need the star bit to remove two screws (circled with no screws)

IMG_9710_zpsrrfnvlzi.jpg

Unplugging the wire harness is not necessary. Twist the grey connector and pull the bulb. Insert the LED plug and check to make sure its working before you reinstall. If it doesn't work, pull the plug and reinsert the bulb the opposite way.

IMG_9709_zpspn2eongs.jpg

Finished product:
IMG_9734_zpsywji8gpo.jpg

I also installed the license plate light bulbs. No pictures as its pretty self explanatory.

I ordered the LED light bulbs from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ROUZVSK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6 pack for $11.99

EDIT: http://www.amazon.com/HAMIST-42-SMD...sim_263_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=134NTYN19NNRZN7GFJCH

These will work as well and will be brighter for sure.

I have these in my prius as well and have had no issues for the last 2 years.

Cheap and bright.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jisnis

Reaction score
They are much brighter than stock. I used the same bulbs for both the reverse and license plate. The license plate lights are much dimmer. I suppose its due to the actual light housing. Looks better than stock either way.

dajuicejml

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm having trouble on my end, but I do not see the write up. Can you post link?

OP
OP
J

Jisnis

Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened to my original thread. Looks like it got deleted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ridnclean18