Disconnecting 2021 OnStar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nfarios

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great topic. Go with taking the systems ability to transmit. You won’t mess with any of it’s integration and cause other issues.

Last edited:

nfarios

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
true google and apple will follow you in your vehicle anyway.......as well as the many app's installed
just as well I can say to my wife "we need a new water heater" and walla a couple days later here are ad's for water heaters
If you have Facebook you need to disable it’s ability to use the microphone. That should nearly seize the eavesdropping.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard that some cars actually have 2 antennas, one on the top is the obvious one. However if the vehicle is in a roll-over accident, the top antenna does not work, so they started installing them on the bottom as well. How true this is I do not know, but it does make sense.
So, if you unplug the top one, you might have to look for the bottom one as well.

OP
OP
CTown Duramax

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard that some cars actually have 2 antennas, one on the top is the obvious one. However if the vehicle is in a roll-over accident, the top antenna does not work, so they started installing them on the bottom as well. How true this is I do not know, but it does make sense.
So, if you unplug the top one, you might have to look for the bottom one as well.
Is there not another antenna in the windshield up around the rear view mirror? What's that one for?

OP
OP
CTown Duramax

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here we go, shutting down cars to stop a chase. OK, on star cooperates to stop a killer on the run, fine. By why stop there? What about shutting off someone's car because of a restraining order? How about cuing up a list of politically "dangerous" people to disable them? And don't forget hackers like Dark Side - first shut off the fuel pipelines, then how about stopping everyone's car with some kind of automotive ransom wear. And, hey, why couldn't this system be used to restrict travel to a region? I don't want this stuff in my car. With this kind of software, it's not my car.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here we go, shutting down cars to stop a chase. OK, on star cooperates to stop a killer on the run, fine. By why stop there? What about shutting off someone's car because of a restraining order? How about cuing up a list of politically "dangerous" people to disable them? And don't forget hackers like Dark Side - first shut off the fuel pipelines, then how about stopping everyone's car with some kind of automotive ransom wear. And, hey, why couldn't this system be used to restrict travel to a region? I don't want this stuff in my car. With this kind of software, it's not my car.
this is only the beginning, soon enough you won't even be able to "own" a vehicle, they will all be shared and you won't have any choice in the matter.
your options will be limited to a white noise generator and not carrying any kind of smart device, not even a rf tag. i.e. credit/debit card, disguising your facial features and modify your gait. Most of this they are inching in little by little so the younger generation/next generation will be simply "used to it"
personally I do not mind that google tracks me because I can go into that information and look at my own time line and find out where I was at pretty much any given time even years ago. "my advertising trail" though must be a mind boggler lol because I sell a huge variety of things on ebay and I am always searching thousands of different things online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9