Disable rear heated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to physically disable rear heated seats? I use car seats so I don’t want them to turn on but I want to use the auto front heated seats on cold days when I auto start from the house.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there isn’t a setting to turn off just the rear seats.

Guessing there’s a wire connector going to the seat but if you have auto folding seats, it might be all part of the same wire harness.

I’ve got car seats in the second row of mine too and the seat heaters turn on automatically too. I don’t believe they draw as much current as in the past, so I just let them turn on and ignore it. Kinda did the same thing in my 2017 GMC Acadia which also had heated rear seats.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to ask you what is your issue or concern in having the 2nd row seats heat turn on, on remote start. They turn off as soon as you put the key in and turn to 'on'.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to ask you what is your issue or concern in having the 2nd row seats heat turn on, on remote start. They turn off as soon as you put the key in and turn to 'on'.
Also curious. I've been remote starting for 10 years now with car seats/booster seats/seat protectors and the thought that rear seat heat being on under the car seats was an issue has never once entered my mind. I tend to worry about all kinds of weird things with my cars but that's a new one for me

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

David W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also curious. I've been remote starting for 10 years now with car seats/booster seats/seat protectors and the thought that rear seat heat being on under the car seats was an issue has never once entered my mind. I tend to worry about all kinds of weird things with my cars but that's a new one for me
I have the weathertech guards under the car seats that are thick plastic and I was worried about them melting or something. I’m not sure if they turn off when the key is pressed but I haven’t double checked that.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in both our old '11 burb and the '21 yukon the heated seats go off as soon as you turn the key or in the new one push the start button. From there you have to push the heated seat buttons for them to remain on

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the Fuse? I pulled the Fuse to disable the air suspension on my 2004 Buick Rainier

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they won't melt anything or your @ss would be on fire, also the seat cushion is foam if anything was going to melt or burn the foam would go first and that just doesn't happen
the heater it's self is encased in plastic/foam like material, some seats like my Denali just blow warm air there isn't even any wires under the cushion at all on the bottom.
if you really want to disable it then look at a wiring diagram and cut the power wire where you can then patch it back later.
the gm upfitter guide should show it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^x2^^ If those Weathertech guards melt, then your passengers' a-s-s-e-s would have melted, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne