Dim Low Beams 2016 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I offer advice about ddl for K2xx, I will say “except if have a ride from Russia”, because they are different.
Ah, that's what you're talking about. Now I understand. Well, it's strange. We have cars assembled from you. It's strange for me that we went headlights, which they began to put on you only after 2 years)) well, like for Russia, let's leave a "step into the future" and for our own in the old way) it's more logical the opposite) although what dealers brought us was really strange. We had k2xx only with a 6.2-liter engine and two trim levels LTZ and LT. that's it)) there was still a mythical LE, but it could not be ordered

OP
OP
scarbogarage

scarbogarage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any difference if you manually turn on the low beams, rather than using the auto-on sensor? Seems it could be a bad light sensor, or wiring.
No there is no difference on mine in intensity between DRL, auto low beam and manually on low beam. Against the white garage wall they all appear to be the same low intensity.

The only time the LED strip lights up on my Tahoe is when it is in park during the daylight.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 LT has the LEDs, but I know 2015-17 did not (only LTZs). Still, my halogen low beams were essentially unusable until I added some LED bulbs to both low and fog housings. Now I see excellent. Make sure you aim your lights correctly if you do this - especially if you level it since that pushes the light up into other drivers' eyes...

OP
OP
scarbogarage

scarbogarage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for all the replies!! I was able to get a PDF version of the service manual and was able to determine that my low beams are actually working correctly. My Tahoe is a Z71 and the options appears to be the same as the LT models. On the LT models the DRLs have a 12v signal to the low beam and not a reduced voltage as I had been incorrectly assuming. The LTZ models due work differently as do the models that have HID headlights.
I am now looking at to change over to LED low beams and are leaning towards the Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0 LED H11 bulbs. I ask for any other recommendations that you have found to work well with the factory projector headlights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins

Latest posts