Different front wheel bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppvfan

Reaction score
So I had my tires changed the other day and it seems I have a 4WD bearing on the left front and a RWD bearing on the right front. I had noticed that they looked different but never made the connection.

It drives fine, are there any drawbacks to this setup? It 's a 2014 PPV and I'm always finding little surprises like this. Thanks.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had my tires changed the other day and it seems I have a 4WD bearing on the left front and a RWD bearing on the right front. I had noticed that they looked different but never made the connection.

It drives fine, are there any drawbacks to this setup? It 's a 2014 PPV and I'm always finding little surprises like this. Thanks.

Well yes, it could fall apart. It is held together with the spindle nut from the CV axle.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonderful. Pretty shabby maintenance for a police department...
Thanks for the info.
From time to time we hear of people running the 4WD hub without the CV Axle and nothing happens, then we see the stories with photos where it all came apart. A year or so ago someone put the wrong ones on a Ram and the wheel came off and killed a woman in another vehicle when it crashed through the cab of the pickup she was driving.

From Timken, the SP500301 is the 4WD version and the SP450303 is the RWD version.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited: