Diesel Cap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EGTroup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
+1.

Seals what GM did not. No thanks.
Keeps foreign material out of the diesel tank such as water or DEF fluid. Unbelievable how many people ruin their fuel system by mistakenly putting / spilling DEF into diesel tank.

Have used for years on my diesel pickups.

Mine is magnetic so it will stick to the fuel door for temporary storage when fueling.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up buying one. It's my wife's vehicle and a little reminder doesn't hurt. She makes me get fuel anyways but on the off chance she has to we are prepared lol.

Padraig

Reaction score
Think I will oeder one. I was in NJ last week. As many know, you must, by law, have the attendant pump the fuel. When I told him, Diesel he gave me a funny look. I watched carefully to make sure he pumped the correct fuel.

Padraig

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I will oeder one. I was in NJ last week. As many know, you must, by law, have the attendant pump the fuel. When I told him, Diesel he gave me a funny look. I watched carefully to make sure he pumped the correct fuel.

Padraig
Thankfully here in Oregon the law was changed and now you have the choice to fill on your own or have the attendant pump the fuel. NJ might not be too far behind as it was just NJ and OR for a long time.

For the most part I fill up at a commercial card lock station and even then if there's a guy there filling up his Powerstroke or something similar I'll get comments like "Hey, the gas pumps are over on the other side" or "Do you really have a diesel in that thing?"

Padraig

Reaction score
Thankfully here in Oregon the law was changed and now you have the choice to fill on your own or have the attendant pump the fuel. NJ might not be too far behind as it was just NJ and OR for a long time.

For the most part I fill up at a commercial card lock station and even then if there's a guy there filling up his Powerstroke or something similar I'll get comments like "Hey, the gas pumps are over on the other side" or "Do you really have a diesel in that thing?"
Lol I have had mine for a month and am surprised that more people don't know about this sweet diesel engine!

Padraig

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Em. Guys, I have a question, do you have gasoline and diesel refueling nozzles of the same size in the USA? The lid problem is just strange to me. In Russia, our diesel pistol is thicker, it is 25mm, and the gasoline pistol is 21mm. This means that it will not be possible to fill a gasoline car with diesel fuel. But on all the diesel cars that I had, the protective mechanism was a valve that physically prevented the gasoline gun from entering the tank of the diesel car. Doesn't the Tahoe have such a defense mechanism?

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true, but I have seen them put RUL nozzles on diesel pumps because the service center didn't know any better.
My JAG Diesel has an ingenious flap that will only accept proper diesel nozzles. Won't allow anything else to enter....

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Em. Guys, I have a question, do you have gasoline and diesel refueling nozzles of the same size in the USA? The lid problem is just strange to me. In Russia, our diesel pistol is thicker, it is 25mm, and the gasoline pistol is 21mm. This means that it will not be possible to fill a gasoline car with diesel fuel. But on all the diesel cars that I had, the protective mechanism was a valve that physically prevented the gasoline gun from entering the tank of the diesel car. Doesn't the Tahoe have such a defense mechanism?
we have both the same sized nozzles and larger diesel nozzles

so yah, you can get gas into a diesel and vice versa

Padraig

Reaction score
Received my Diesel, labeled, fuel cap. It fit well, however the fuel door and liner is plastic and the removed cap would not adhere. So, using double side tape I fastened a washer on the inside of the door. Works great, now.IMG_20231024_170115228_HDR.jpgIMG_20231024_170137656.jpgIMG_20231024_170150294.jpg

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it affect any potential venting issues by sealing it?
No it does not. I am using it for over 2 years not one issue. I also put green "diesel only" sticker inside my fuel door. I figure I like keeping it clean, but its also a reminder to use diesel. It is cheap insurance. I am driving it 99% of the time but occasionally my wife and I switch trucks. I can see her pulling up to the premium pump to be nice and fill up for me.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT