Front USB port issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cue777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Yukon Denali did not include the wireless charging so I bought this charger off Amazon and it fits in the front opening pretty well.

The issue is if I plug it into the USB port, it will not charge my phone. It also has a light on the wire going to the charger and it flashes from Blue to Red.

Now If I plug in my USB testing meter, like the one listed below, and then plug the USB from the charger into the meter the Blue light goes solid and the charger works. The meter shows it pulling 1-1.25 amps while charging my phone. Almost like the meter is providing some sort of buffer? Any idea why it wont work directly plugged in to the USB?

Bobby-21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have an exact answer for you but I've been having problems with this USB since day one...sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. It's currently at the dealership for this issue. It took them like 4 hour to figure out there was a short somewhere in the harness so they are replacing that. Not sure how that would affect your scenario but thought I would throw it out there that there are issues with these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne