DIC Speed Limit reads "_-_" ... is there a solution?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheL0anRang3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Every option is turned on to display the Speed Limit. Every Google "permission" turned on. I do NOT have a data plan.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have no data plan, you have no speed limit reading. Your only option to get rid of the -- is either get a data plan, or go into the DIC settings and turn off the speed limit sign.

Speed limit data is from the downloaded map. My understanding is downloaded maps disappear after a short time after data plan is expired.

JohnnyFamous

Reaction score
If you have no data plan, you have no speed limit reading. Your only option to get rid of the -- is either get a data plan, or go into the DIC settings and turn off the speed limit sign.

Speed limit data is from the downloaded map. My understanding is downloaded maps disappear after a short time after data plan is expired.
It took me a while and a bunch of frustration to realize this, no data = no speed. I also have been unable to turn off the heads-up display speed sign permanently (White blank sign). As soon as I turn the truck off, it comes right back... Not sure if there is a permanent fix or if that..

Eusibius2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can turn it off here...

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took me a while and a bunch of frustration to realize this, no data = no speed. I also have been unable to turn off the heads-up display speed sign permanently (White blank sign). As soon as I turn the truck off, it comes right back... Not sure if there is a permanent fix or if that..
I believe you can turn it off permanently.

Go into the DIC settings (gear icon)
Scroll w/ thumb wheel down to Heads Up Display
Press in on thumbwheel
Scroll down to Speed Limit
Press in on Thumbwheel
Select None

Square1Services

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you can download the maps in the Google maps settings for your area. You can connect with your home wifi to download the maps. There is an option where you don’t have to update the maps. If for some reason you don’t get the option to download maps (this happened to me), you can delete Google maps then redownload it from the play store and the option to download the maps should be selectable. Depending on how large of an area you select it could take a while to download.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you can download the maps in the Google maps settings for your area. You can connect with your home wifi to download the maps. There is an option where you don’t have to update the maps. If for some reason you don’t get the option to download maps (this happened to me), you can delete Google maps then redownload it from the play store and the option to download the maps should be selectable. Depending on how large of an area you select it could take a while to download.
I’ve done this about 7 times…the maps stay downloaded for a day or 2, then disappear…found a fix for that??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287