DIC not working, PRNDL is dim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday while pulling into a gas station I noticed the DIC was not illuminated not the gear indicator on the cluster. Once parked, I shut the truck off and turned it back on and the DIC/gear indicator came back. Turned the truck off once more and everything seemed fine. Drove a few miles and then both screens went dark again and have not returned since. I've driven the truck about five times since this happened and I can see a little bit of illumination on the year indicator when the interior lights are on, but not otherwise. (See Pic)

Help me out guys, is this an illumination problem or is the DIC in my cluster dead?

Attachments

• 20220506_071626.jpg
    20220506_071626.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
NGAneer

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, fried... Honestly I was worried it might be something like this. I guess I'll yank the cluster out and see what the inside looks like.

I wouldn't trust myself with repairs to a circuit board so any recommendations on a place to get my cluster repaired?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, fried... Honestly I was worried it might be something like this. I guess I'll yank the cluster out and see what the inside looks like.

I wouldn't trust myself with repairs to a circuit board so any recommendations on a place to get my cluster repaired?
That guy in the video is who I will use when that day comes.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

check locally, cl, facebook, offer up, speedo shop. lots of people do it as a side gig

Moosemoon

Reaction score

Here’s a video from the same guy with a bunch of contacts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne