Diablo intune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sixpointoh03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this programmer I have a 2015 yukon denali and was thinking about getting it. I have a few people in the area that do custom tunes just kind of a pain to take it back to them to return it to stock if I need to take it to dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edge just released the tune for the Yukon and Denali. I used them for my old truck and it was a good tune. My dealer said he didn't care if I tuned it or not, just to tell the service guys so they don't upload anything.

Smoove

Reaction score
After working for GM for many years as a performance tech, I would strongly suggest something like the intune so you can return back to stock, then take the programmer and hide it for service. I would also put to stock, everytime you bring it in for an issue. All it takes is one doucher employee to see, or know it has a tune...and decide to bust balls. It could,..could cost you warranty, or getting the vehicle serviced that day. Just avoid it, buy a hand held...if you want a custom tune, you can still have that done with a diablosport tuner in their network. They even have a forum you can go on to find out. I have diablosport tuners in my 1xxxrwhp corvette, and also my 07 tahoe. Both have custom tunes installed in them and are easy to use.

For warranty vehicles, I would highly recommend a hand held. Last I checked,...diablosport software doesn't alter or change CVN files,....or ID's...so, no fingerprint left in the ECM that is visible for the dealership or GM to see/catch. Other custom tunes, or certain hand helds, will change CVN file and will be visible to the trained eye. Trust me,..I did this for 10 years as a premier performance tech, then adviser.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After working for GM for many years as a performance tech, I would strongly suggest something like the intune so you can return back to stock, then take the programmer and hide it for service. I would also put to stock, everytime you bring it in for an issue. All it takes is one doucher employee to see, or know it has a tune...and decide to bust balls. It could,..could cost you warranty, or getting the vehicle serviced that day. Just avoid it, buy a hand held...if you want a custom tune, you can still have that done with a diablosport tuner in their network. They even have a forum you can go on to find out. I have diablosport tuners in my 1xxxrwhp corvette, and also my 07 tahoe. Both have custom tunes installed in them and are easy to use.

For warranty vehicles, I would highly recommend a hand held. Last I checked,...diablosport software doesn't alter or change CVN files,....or ID's...so, no fingerprint left in the ECM that is visible for the dealership or GM to see/catch. Other custom tunes, or certain hand helds, will change CVN file and will be visible to the trained eye. Trust me,..I did this for 10 years as a premier performance tech, then adviser.
What about BB?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So long as you return to stock with the AutoCal, it is not detectable.

Some folks have had issues with some programmers leaving data behind after returning to stock, still detectable. If you would like more info on that, there are a few members here who have had that issue, or you can shoot me a PM.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this programmer I have a 2015 yukon denali and was thinking about getting it. I have a few people in the area that do custom tunes just kind of a pain to take it back to them to return it to stock if I need to take it to dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get yourself a BlackBear Autocal. :licklips:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elaborate please. I too am thinking of going Intune for both my Yukon and my Stingray. Is the BB better? Does it allow for the programming of multiple vehicles on the same tool?

Yes it does. BB is customized to your specific needs and vehicle. Diablo is an across the board standard tune.

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it does. BB is customized to your specific needs and vehicle. Diablo is an across the board standard tune.

Thanks. For my Stingray I ordered the Intune and Lew is doing his thing with the customizing. I'm thinking of going with a the Intune again, but the stock tunes they have embedded for the Yukon. My main goal is killing Torque Management and sorting out the tranny a wee bit more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon