Desperate,need help-Key Fobs suddenly quit working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90PROFX

Reaction score
2011 Tahoe LS:
After a day of normal day of, starting, driving, locking, unlocking etc., etc., I got home parked and locked the car w/RKE. Went out 3 hours later, car wouldn't respond to my RKE Fob, so I went and got the spare, still would not respond to the RKE Fob. Changed batteries in both, still nothing. Can someone please shed some light on my situation as I'm afraid to leave the hose for fear of a total electrical failure on the road.

Thank you in advance...........

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, everything has been working fine, no problems up until this point. No cel, dash lights, tire pressure monitors are doing their thing..ie: you can see pressures in the dic display?

Does the truck start and run by just using the key?

You changed batteries but did you clean contacts inside both remotes?

Did you happen to touch the dic switches and accidentally turn something off, there is a setting for rke iirc in dic.

Is there a door partially open or rear hatch or rear window.

Start by opening and closing all doors, hatch and back glass, check contacts in key fob and let us know.

Malik112099

Reaction score
On my Yukon in the dash there is an option to reprogram key fobs. Do you have that option in the Tahoe?

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your fuses. If you have power seats check if the driver side still works.

nadthomas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start with trying to reprogram them through the DIC. If that doesn't work, you can get replacement fobs of amazon for cheap. I just replacement mine a couple of months ago.

dmad1

Reaction score
2011 Tahoe LS:
After a day of normal day of, starting, driving, locking, unlocking etc., etc., I got home parked and locked the car w/RKE. Went out 3 hours later, car wouldn't respond to my RKE Fob, so I went and got the spare, still would not respond to the RKE Fob. Changed batteries in both, still nothing. Can someone please shed some light on my situation as I'm afraid to leave the hose for fear of a total electrical failure on the road.

Thank you in advance...........
My '13 Vette would not start for the wife while at the grocery store. Neither fobs would work so had to jump start it. Ended up a bad battery. Seems the OEM batteries don't hold up very well. 3 yrs with a 3rd party battery without a hiccup since.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20 days old......any update on the fix?

I believe after 2010 you need a tech 2 to program remotes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157