Desperate for help with tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airforcejetmech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe

Been having the radio issue for a while where there is no sound and no sound from signal lights. If I hit the driver and and passenger window up bottoms together it will come on then go out when I let go.

Eventually it will come on.

Tonight i was driving down the road and it flashes engine coolant low but the temp never rose. Then I get the service stability track and teaction control when o hit my high beams. Also heard some rubbing sound in the motor.

Is the Tahoe dying on me? Do I need a computer? Ground issue?

I'm lost

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Donnie, well, it certainly seems like an electrical gremlin. I'd check the battery cables and all grounds, then check them again. How old is the battery? Even a new one with a bad cell can cause problems like these. Know anyone with a Tech-2 or a scan tool that can read BCM codes?

OP
OP
A

Airforcejetmech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Donnie, well, it certainly seems like an electrical gremlin. I'd check the battery cables and all grounds, then check them again. How old is the battery? Even a new one with a bad cell can cause problems like these. Know anyone with a Tech-2 or a scan tool that can read BCM codes?

Thanks for the reply...

The battery is actually only 4 months old but I was told by Mavis when they rotated my tires that pep boys sold me the wrong size battery

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...

The battery is actually only 4 months old but I was told by Mavis when they rotated my tires that pep boys sold me the wrong size battery
Did you have the issue before the battery change? Why is it the wrong battery? Because of physical size? Load handling? Just for giggles, why don't you google your battery for they suggested applications, and see if your Tahoe is listed.

OP
OP
A

Airforcejetmech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Group 48?

They said it was too small. Never had an issue till last month when I noticed the positive battle cable doesn't really tighten down all the way on the post.

I can run the nut down and the post Cn lift right off.

The radio issue has been going on for years.

Not sure what group 48 means

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They said it was too small. Never had an issue till last month when I noticed the positive battle cable doesn't really tighten down all the way on the post.

Well that’s a problem if the positive cable won’t tighten down. Buy a new bolt for that. The bolts are meant to strip the threads without ruining the battery threads. And you’re an Air Force jet mechanic? I don’t mean to sound rude but it seems you should know better if that’s the case!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you checked the threads on the battery cable itself? You can usually get new bolts for those. Make sure they're good and that the battery itself is the problem. Then I'd run that battery back to Pep Boys for warranty exchange and get the right size at the same time. No way a loose battery cable is going to be right.

First look up what is the correct battery for your vehicle (many online sources), and go in there armed to demand the right battery. You may have to pay a little for the size difference but they ought to make it right. Don't be a jerk about it, but having 1) a defective battery and 2) the wrong size can make all the difference for your electronics.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Group 48 is a battery size and for GMT900 SUVs and pickup, it is our battery size. Nothing too small about it. If the post is pulling out, the battery is no good. How can you trust it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod

Latest posts