Desperate for help with tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike L

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 Tahoe

Been having the radio issue for a while where there is no sound and no sound from signal lights. If I hit the driver and and passenger window up bottoms together it will come on then go out when I let go.

Eventually it will come on.

Tonight i was driving down the road and it flashes engine coolant low but the temp never rose. Then I get the service stability track and teaction control when o hit my high beams. Also heard some rubbing sound in the motor.

Is the Tahoe dying on me? Do I need a computer? Ground issue?

I'm lost
Ironically, just a couple weeks ago our 2010 GMC Yukon XL Denali had the same problem - Radio would come on, but wouldn't emit any sound, and the turn signal doesn't make any sound when activating (but they worked). I took it to a trusted mechanic to get his opinion, and he said the turn signal sound is piped through the speaker system, so if speakers aren't working you won't hear any turn signal sound. So he thought my problem might actually be a bad Bose amplifier, a somewhat common problem with '07-'14 GMC trucks. So I ordered a used Bose amp, and went to install it myself (very easy to do, even though it's buried beneath the center console towards the back). Whenever you do any electrical work on these trucks, it's always best to disconnect the negative cable from the battery first, so I did. Then I went to adjust the electric seats so I could get to some of the center console screws, but couldn't since the negative cable was disconnected. I reconnected it, and voila! Everything started working again! Original amp was good. Apparently, the computer system simply needed a little Ctrl + Alt + Del. So I would recommend, based on my own experience which this problem, disconnecting the negative cable from your battery, keep it disconnected for at least 5 minutes for the system to completely shut down, then reconnect, making sure that you fit the negative connector onto the post hard (don't let it repeatedly touch the post and arc - that will cause a whole 'nother set of issues). Hope that helps.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...

The battery is actually only 4 months old but I was told by Mavis when they rotated my tires that pep boys sold me the wrong size battery
should be 910CA 730CCA

H6/LN3/48

LN3 is the biggest capacity you can get
760 CCA / 950 CA

I think

Size H8 (TP LN5) might fit sine it's almost exactly the same size as the H6

Cold Cranking Amperage:900 ACranking Amperage:1000 ANegative Terminal Location:Top LeftPositive Terminal Location:Top RightReserve Capacity:160 minTerminal Type:Top MountVoltage:12.0 VDC

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk