Denali XL Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2015 Suburban was totaled from hitting a deer on the interstate at 80+ mph on the Friday before Halloween....picked up a 2016 Denali XL on Black Friday.....love this thing over the LT Suburban! So happy! No 'shake' or 'pressure' issues yet which I am pleasantly surprised of...

Suburban damage:
IMG_0382.jpg
IMG_0385.jpg
IMG_0381.jpg

Denali - already made a trip to the tint shop and just installed black emblems front and back yesterday!
IMG_0508.jpg

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind, where did you find the blacked out emblems- overlays?

BlueAc

Reaction score
The new truck is beautiful. I'm also surprised that was enough to total the Suburban, was there frame damage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! But on the positive, the upgrade to the Denali was a win.

OP
OP
BMPNUGLS

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That of course was for the Denali..I actually bought black OEM Chevrolet emblems for the Suburban! Both set off the trucks very nice and really make a huge improvement in looks!

OP
OP
BMPNUGLS

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Suburban believe it or not had just short of $25K in damages! All the airbags all the way to the rear (both side curtain bags) went off inside with the exception of the steering wheel airbag. The front damage went DEEP although it doesn't look like it! The body shop had to do a 'tear down' to get an accurate estimate and the front frame was bent as well...radiator pushed all the way back into the engine...etc. fortunately I pleaded with my insurance company to total it because it's my work daily regional commute vehicle so I need a 100% reliable vehicle....the damages were boarderline enough to total it......so they agreed to put it out for a 'salvage bid' and told me if a bid came back high enough they could total it....the afternoon of the day they put it out for bid they called and said hey could total it!! Thank goodness! I had owned it exactly 19 months and had already logged 63+K miles so it was about trade in time anyway!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn