Denali, WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this site, so hello to everyone.
I ordered a new Denali on Feb 1, and my dealer says it's still in accepted stage, but not yet scheduled to be built.
I'm guessing that they did not have allocation since I'm still on the outside looking in.
Does anyone have an idea of just how long I have to wait?

I'm kind of surprised GM has any production wait. My last Tahoe was ordered and delivered within a month.

Also, I ordered the chrome caps for the 22' wheels, but it seems that the 22's are delivered with a chrome button center cap. Does anyone know the difference, if there is any?
Thanks.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this site, so hello to everyone.

:welcome:

I ordered a new Denali on Feb 1, and my dealer says it's still in accepted stage, but not yet scheduled to be built.
I'm guessing that they did not have allocation since I'm still on the outside looking in.
Does anyone have an idea of just how long I have to wait?

Only your dealer knows that. If you don't want to wait, go to a bigger dealer with allocation. Call around. Plenty of dealers want your business

I'm kind of surprised GM has any production wait. My last Tahoe was ordered and delivered within a month.

So many people want them they can't stay on dealer lots. It'll die down in a few months.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine in Middle of Feb got it middle of April. My dealer told me 8 weeks and he was right on the $

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you ordered the 22" wheels with your vehicle then they will come with GMC wheel caps. Depending on which wheel you ordered, they will either be chrome, polished aluminum, or bright aluminum.

I ordered the SEW wheels and they came with the polished aluminum with a yellow bowtie (ugly IMO) so I went ahead and ordered the chrome caps with chrome emblem separate.

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

Only your dealer knows that. If you don't want to wait, go to a bigger dealer with allocation. Call around.

Well, I have a business relationship with my dealer. Not to mention that the numbers are always under invoice and my trades are always above auction comps. I have no problem waiting a little longer as LNG as it doesn't drag into the summer. Its for my wife and she doesn't care. I'm just don't remember a wait for a GM SUV. I told them I'd take a similar Escalade if they had one coming, but they are also scarce. Just weird that there is any hold up at GM for a Yukon. I have to think there are some issues we don't know about.

Last edited:

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is pretty amazing that there are people lined up with $70,000 to buy product and they have no product to sell. GM had same issue with the new Corvette.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a new model year and they are slammed building them. A lot of orders to process. It'll come and when it does you'll appreciate it a lot more! Welcome to the forum!

Nick911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 XL Denali that I ordered in Feb and still no ETA. Was told possibly late summer. My dealer is one of the top in Canada by volume.

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 XL Denali that I ordered in Feb and still no ETA. Was told possibly late summer. My dealer is one of the top in Canada by volume.

So I guess we simply wait, hoping for sooner rather than later.
There isn't much we are going to do about it, other than remain patient.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the bright side, it gives them a little time to work the bugs out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700