Denali, WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my vehicle is still in the first stage of the order. Not pulled yet, and
my dealer says their rep can't do a thing, and GMC says to talk to my dealer. Again, WTF.
GM stamps out Silverados like hostess makes cupcakes. Suddenly, they can't produce the large SUVs?
The thing has been on order since the first week in February.

It's my wife's truck, and she's starting to get a little poed.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my vehicle is still in the first stage of the order. Not pulled yet, and
my dealer says their rep can't do a thing, and GMC says to talk to my dealer. Again, WTF.
GM stamps out Silverados like hostess makes cupcakes. Suddenly, they can't produce the large SUVs?

It's my wife's truck, and she's starting to get a little poed.

here's the problem.. the Silverado isn't running a 6.2L V8 like the Denali, nor does it have the same build components. When the Silverado's were first released in 2014, they did have a backlog just like the Denali does now. You are buying one of the hottest newest SUVs on the market, so it takes awhile before the order goes in. Can't start building a truck when they have others to build first.

Even our 2015 Denali HD (truck) took 8 weeks and they are nowhere near the demand of the Denali SUV.

Be patient. Everyone who has ordered there's and gotten them have been more than happy with the wait once they got them in their hands.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Quite the opposite actually. They are producing the large SUV's. People are buying them faster than they can make them.

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's looking like a 20 week wait on a vehicle that isnt mainstream at a 75k price tag, and this may be the reason GM doesn't concentrate more on the build time line.

The vehicle was ordered February 1, and sits in the back log untouched.

I'm patient, and unfortunately piling up mileage on the trade, but when the dealer points at GMC, and GMC suggests I ask the dealer, that's when I ask WTF.
No biggie to me. Wife's getting poed.

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's looking like a 20 week wait on a vehicle that isnt mainstream at a 75k price tag, and this may be the reason GM doesn't concentrate more on the build time line.

The vehicle was ordered February 1, and sits in the back log untouched.

I'm patient, and unfortunately piling up mileage on the trade, but when the dealer points at GMC, and GMC suggests I ask the dealer, that's when I ask WTF.
No biggie to me. Wife's getting poed.

Your problem is your dealer has no allocation. No problem with GM at all.

(I'm guessing) They have given allocation to the dealers that are the busiest, order the most stuff, do the most in sales etc. because the dealers generally have the most people coming through and need/want the vehicles first to stay top in sales.

If you really want your vehicle that bad, go to a dealer that has allocation. There's a dealer 5 minutes from me that had 2 Denali's on the lot (1 for a customer and 1 to sell)

Like you said earlier, you have a relationship with your dealer, but if you really want it now, go somewhere else like it's been suggested.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you are but in the western region they underestimated the demand big time, all the dealers around here are waiting to get them, especially denalis.

OP
OP
George C

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your problem is your dealer has no allocation. No problem with GM at all.

(I'm guessing) They have given allocation to the dealers that are the busiest, order the most stuff, do the most in sales etc. because the dealers generally have the most people coming through and need/want the vehicles first to stay top in sales.

If you really want your vehicle that bad, go to a dealer that has allocation. There's a dealer 5 minutes from me that had 2 Denali's on the lot (1 for a customer and 1 to sell)

Like you said earlier, you have a relationship with your dealer, but if you really want it now, go somewhere else like it's been suggested.

You speak the reality of the situation. Unfortunately, the dealership buys a lot from my business, so I'm a little stuck.

But damn, even without allocation, I am still surprised at the slow pace of production. I don't remember a launch taking this long since my first Ford Super Duty back in 98'.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts