Denali on order - Being produced! Ordered 5/15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruise

Reaction score
I just spoke with my dealer and was told my order status was 3300. The order was placed on 5/15 as a sold order. I had to forego the Premium Package but did get the panoramic sunroof, power retractable side steps, illumination package, and retractable center console in Pearl Beige Metallic with Light Shale.

He says that I could have it in 2-3 weeks.

When I was looking over the build specs, I saw Rear Seat Media. I HATE those monitors and they will never get used as long as I own the vehicle. I specifically asked them to NOT include them in my order configuration. Plus, they add an additional $2,000 to the cost of the vehicle. I brought this to the general manager's attention and asked if he could get them eliminated and he said he would try but it may delay the production for a few weeks.

I'm excited that my order got accepted and scheduled for production so quick after reading so many stories of having to wait months. But, I hate those back seat monitors. :)

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with my dealer and was told my order status was 3300. The order was placed on 5/15 as a sold order. I had to forego the Premium Package but did get the panoramic sunroof, power retractable side steps, illumination package, and retractable center console in Pearl Beige Metallic with Light Shale.

He says that I could have it in 2-3 weeks.

When I was looking over the build specs, I saw Rear Seat Media. I HATE those monitors and they will never get used as long as I own the vehicle. I specifically asked them to NOT include them in my order configuration. Plus, they add an additional $2,000 to the cost of the vehicle. I brought this to the general manager's attention and asked if he could get them eliminated and he said he would try but it may delay the production for a few weeks.

I'm excited that my order got accepted and scheduled for production so quick after reading so many stories of having to wait months. But, I hate those back seat monitors. :)

You had to opt out of the premium package? Why?
I placed order 4/14 for premium with power console. I’m still in preliminary but they’re supposed to get allocation sometime soon.

I refuse to give up the packages. Lol. Everything I want is in the premium.

OP
OP
R

ruise

Reaction score
You had to opt out of the premium package? Why?
I placed order 4/14 for premium with power console. I’m still in preliminary but they’re supposed to get allocation sometime soon.

I refuse to give up the packages. Lol. Everything I want is in the premium.

According to my dealer, they would not allow the order to be entered into the computer with the Premium Package in May. The Advanced Technology Package is on constraint. I would be willing to wait if the system would allow input of the order with the Premium Package.

Good luck with your order!

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a considerable number of constraints on these vehicles. There is most likely something in the pp that prevents the order from going through. Be interesting to see what portion of the package prevents the order. Maybe your dealer could piece meal the parts of the pp that are available

OP
OP
R

ruise

Reaction score
There are a considerable number of constraints on these vehicles. There is most likely something in the pp that prevents the order from going through. Be interesting to see what portion of the package prevents the order. Maybe your dealer could piece meal the parts of the pp that are available

Yes, he says the Advanced Technology Package, which is a component of the Premium Package, prevents the order of the Premium Package and even trying to piece meal it, the system will not allow it.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the advanced tech the part you want? Or can you live without it? And are the other parts available?

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my dealer, they would not allow the order to be entered into the computer with the Premium Package in May. The Advanced Technology Package is on constraint. I would be willing to wait if the system would allow input of the order with the Premium Package.

Good luck with your order!

Oh no! :(

the whole reason I wanted the Denali premium was for the advanced technology package and HUD. :(

My order has only been in preliminary so I’m not sure if GM will allow my order to go through with the premium package.

it’s so weird because they’re building stock vehicles with premium packages and I’ve seen ultimate package being built, just w/o advanced trailering package.

I saw power console was on constraint as well, but I see those being built and shipped too.
Damn! I sure hope this goes through. Been waiting 6 weeks as it is for GM to accept it. =\

Tyler M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m still waiting. 10/29! I ordered everything that could possibly delay the vehicle, however. Sliding console, air ride, max trailering. Dealer said four months in January. Hopefully hearing something soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

ruise

Reaction score
Is the advanced tech the part you want? Or can you live without it? And are the other parts available?

I would like Adaptive Cruise Control and the Rearview Mirror Camera, both part of the Advanced Technology Package. I decided that if these two were going to hold up my order, I would just forego them.

Other components of the Premium Package are available, or were when the dealer entered my order on 5/15. These include Panoramic Roof, 22" Wheels, and Power Retractable steps.

OP
OP
R

ruise

Reaction score
Oh no! :(

the whole reason I wanted the Denali premium was for the advanced technology package and HUD. :(

My order has only been in preliminary so I’m not sure if GM will allow my order to go through with the premium package.

it’s so weird because they’re building stock vehicles with premium packages and I’ve seen ultimate package being built, just w/o advanced trailering package.

I saw power console was on constraint as well, but I see those being built and shipped too.
Damn! I sure hope this goes through. Been waiting 6 weeks as it is for GM to accept it. =\

The HUD is standard on the Denali. I am excited about that feature as well. Adaptive Cruise, Security Package, and Rearview Camera Mirror are not currently available. They system will not accept the order if these items are on your order. Look it over and see if you can live without some of the Premium Package items and if so, have your dealer modify your order. Make sure they indicate that your Denali is a "sold order."

Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645